Pothole Damage To Your Car? Get It Repaired At Tires Plus
Pothole Damage Repair
Your car can suffer major damage from potholes in the road. Unfortunately, navigating around them is a daily reality and most of the time, it’s hard to spot a pothole until it’s too late...and the damage is already done.
If you hit a pothole, damage can range from steering system misalignment to bent rims and tire punctures. Plus, the damage isn’t always obvious. Noticeable or not, pothole damage can put your vehicle’s systems and parts in peril – so it’s very important to get an inspection as soon as possible to identify and address any problems.
That’s where we come in. Bring your car to the experienced professionals at your local Tires Plus and we’ll conduct a complete vehicle inspection, assess any damage and repair pothole damage.
Signs of Pothole Damage
Identify signs of pothole damage to your car early on to prevent costly repairs down the road.
- Tires: When your tires hit a pothole, their sidewalls may bulge. If this occurs, addressing the issue as soon as possible is crucial to avoid flat tires and blowouts.
- Tire Rims: On most vehicles today, the rims are aluminum–based and, therefore, susceptible to dents. Hitting a deep pothole at a high rate of speed can lead to bent rims. But at Tires Plus, our technicians are experienced at identifying and correcting issues resulting from pothole damage.
- Exhaust System: Strange noises coming from your exhaust system can be due to pothole damage. A complete vehicle inspection is essential to determine if that’s the case.
- Undercarriage: It’s pretty common for a pothole to dent or puncture the undercarriage of your vehicle. Left unchecked, this can lead to fluid leaks and rust. By getting a complete vehicle inspection, our technicians can catch pothole problems before they wreak havoc on your vehicle.
Pothole Damage Can Lead To:
- Tire puncture, damage and wear
- Misalignment of your steering system
- Damage to wheel rims
- Costly engine damage
- Damaged suspension or broken suspension parts
- Premature wear to shocks and struts
- Damaged exhaust system
How to Avoid Pothole Damage
It would be ideal if we could avoid every pothole. Sadly, it isn’t always that simple – since many potholes seem to appear from nowhere or aren’t visible at all. To minimize the chance of damaging your vehicle from potholes, follow these tips:
- Keep your tires inflated per your manufacturer’s recommended tire air pressure. Properly inflated tires give your wheel rims the best protection from potholes. But be aware that either under– or over–inflating tires limits your vehicle’s protection from pothole damage.
- Leave room between your car and the vehicle in front of you. That way, you’ll have breathing room to spot and avoid potholes.
- Slow down. When it’s dark or there’s inclement weather, it’s difficult to tell the size and depth of a pothole. Sometimes, it’s hard to see them at all! If you’re driving during bad weather, please do so at a reduced speed. You’re more likely to see driving hazards — like potholes — before damage occurs.
Got Pothole Problems? Get To Tires Plus
Schedule an appointment for a complete vehicle inspection at your nearby Tires Plus today. If your vehicle has experienced pothole damage, a technician may recommend additional services to ensure your continued safety on the road, including a wheel alignment, tire repair, rotation, or tire mount and balance.
WE'LL GET YOU BACK ON THE ROAD
Quality people, parts and service — these are the three main reasons we think we’re the best when it comes to batteries and electrical systems. We have ASE–certified technicians and always follow Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) guidelines when maintaining and making repairs, making sure your vehicle will start. We offer a complete line of Interstate Batteries, and we sell more of their battery products than any other retailer. Plus, our service is unmatched — we make it easy to buy, set up an appointment and install your battery and electrical systems on your schedule, with affordable pricing.
Your time is valuable. So we guarantee your car will be ready when we say it will, or we’ll give you 10% OFF your next purchase.*